Tuesday, January 27, 2009

JUST MY FREAKING LUCK

So my husband had a cold sore all weekend and I made sure he caked that sucker with medication day and night and he was even taking oral medication to get rid of it in time for his appointment monday. So, sunday night it looked great, scabbed up and looking good. So he shows up for clinic, I seat him, decide I better have Costley take a look at the cold sore before I get started, and she bared tidings of great joy, it went something like this, "He needs to reschedule"...what? Oh don't you worry, sometime between the time I said good night to him the night before, and the time he arrived at clinic, a new piece of crap cold sore had developed. So, I very calmly, proceeded to bite my cheek to preoccupy myself so I wouldn't burst into tears, walked him out of the clinic, and very casually walked around the corner and started crying. What do I do? No patient? So I call everyone I know and most people wouldn't answer and didn't leave a message, cause lets face it, they needed to be here a HALF HOUR AGO! So I get a hold of my daddio and I'm holding it together and ask him what he has going and he says he has a bunch of meetings, so I start crying and tell him i need a pt. and he cancels all his appointments and makes it by 9:00! HERO OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up getting his OD done and OHI and, he turned out to be a class 5!! Nice. He will be back next week to finish up. Hellish day turned good. thanks dad!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Katee, you can always call me!! I'm totally willing to be your back-up.